A list of handy Eclipse plugins for the Eclipse IDE
- eCobertura – Allows Cobertura code coverage to be run from the IDE directly
- eclipse-cs – Enforces coding standards using the CheckStyle tool
- PMD – Scans Java code and reports potential problems
- M2Eclipse – Maven integration from Sonatype
- m2e-extensions – Works with version 0.10 of the M2Eclipse plugin. Can automatically setup Checkstyle and PMD configuration for Eclipse to match their configuration from the pom file if they are in it
- m2e-code-quality – Same as m2e-extensions, except this one works with version 0.12 of the M2Eclipse plugin
- Log Viewer – Can be used for tailing log files and eclipse consoles (e.g. SVN, Java Stack Trace, CDT), including syntax coloring with either a regular expression or a word match. It allows you to have multiple logs open concurrently.
Note: both m2e-extensions and m2e-code-quality only work if you have the pmd and checkstyle plugins configured in the build section of the pom. They do not currently work if you have pmd and checkstyle configured in the reporting section of the pom.